The poppies are all grown knee deep by now

July 26, 2011


I'm wearing: handmade top, skirt and headband; thifted roller skates; old black converse

I’ve been working on this dress that is not a dress for a few days now, it's inspired by poppies that grey in massive wild fields around where I live. The top is a corset style top made with cotton under a layer of red lace. The skirt is chiffon layered over dress lining. I made the pieces separate so that I could wear them apart as well as together, I sometimes wish I could take the top or skirt of a dress and wear it alone so problem solved! The headband is flowers made from left over cotton.

I also wore my new roller skates, I got them at a charity shop that I visited on the weekend, I bought a typewriter for £5 and the skates were free with it! Also, they were red and matched this outfit so well, I just had to wear them. After the shoot I rode them down the biggest hill around, on a lovely smooth path, what fun!

Let me know what you think of the new format for posting photos. Too big? Too crowded?
Also posted here

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. So gorgeous! Did you make the pattern up yourself? I really love the idea of wearing the top and bottom separately, you don't even notice it's not a dress at the first glance.
    I totally adore the pictures, I don't think they are too big or too crowded. Very well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny: Thanks! The top is from a pattern for a bubble dress from Burda Easy, I didn't like the skirt and the instructions were all in German so I winged it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever! I've got the issue of the magazine with the bubble dress and I actually remember thinking that the 'lining pattern' could be altered into something like a corsage.
    I am German and often, I don't even get the instructions and have to wing it, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is amazing! I love the pattern of the top and layered skirt.

    Also roller skates, genius addition to this outfit, so cute!

    http://thepaperbagmiss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! How creative and talented you must be to create those skates and the outfit you are wearing! You look beautiful and I love the quality of the photographs you have.
    Btw, found you throught Thurs are for Thrifters link-up!
    thelittlestunicornonearth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is gorgeous and I love the rollerskates. The photos are beautiful too. Thanks so much for linking up!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You talent lady! Gorgeous dress and headband. I like the format of the pictures. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write a comment. I don't always reply (because I'm too busy hiding under a rock) but I read and appreciate every single one!